Hai Masukptn.id, sudah siapkah kamu menyambut seleksi akbar, SBMPTN? Atau justru kamu masih bingung mencari soal-soal SBMPTN? Bagi kamu yang saat ini masih bingung mencari soal-soal SBMPTN, tampaknya kamu berada di artikel yang tepat, nih.
Kali ini, Masukptn.id akan membahas latihan soal SBMPTN Bahasa Inggris TKPA 2017. Kabar baiknya, latihan soal yang disediakan Masukptn.id, lengkap dengan jawaban beserta pembahasannya, lho. Semakin penasaran? Yuk, segera kerjakan soalnya!
Latihan Soal 1
Read the text below.
In the ultra competitive world of professional sports, victory is measured in fractions of time and distance. The difference in performance between two elite athletes amounts to less than one percent. Consequently, professional athletes take great interest in ergogenic aids, which refer to any technique or substance used to enhance performance. Common legal ergogenic aids include multivitamin supplements and hypoxic training.
Recently, the ability of brain stimulation to enhance sports performance has become an expanding focus of academic study. In an October 2017 article titled “Bilateral extracephalic transcranial direct current stimulation improves endurance performance in healthy individuals,” Angius and co-authors used transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS), a form of brain stimulation, to improve endurance in 12 healthy, active adults during 10-minute cycling sessions.
Both before and after tDCS, the researchers assessed neuromuscular performance by measuring time to task failure among participants engaged in cycling sessions. They found that placing the anodes over both motor cortices augments endurance performance. In other words, cyclists who received anodal stimulation biked longer before quitting than did those under the cathodal and sham conditions.
In addition to observing changes in corticospinal excitability in those receiving anodal stimulation, the researchers found that their ratings of perceived exertion were also lower. The researchers suggest “the increase in endurance performance might be the result of higher excitability of the motor cortex leading to a reduction in perception of effort.”
Certain stakeholders have high hopes for tDCS that extend past sports performance and include training adaptations and neuroplasticity. To date, only four other studies have examined the effects of tDCS on measures of endurance. Nevertheless, the results of the current study are encouraging and could help bolster the spread of tDCS among professional athletes.
Currently, the Halo Sport, a wearable neurostimulation device, which looks like a pair of headphones and leverages tDCS technology, is becoming popular among NFL athletes, MLB at Olympic athletes, and more. The device promises improvements in strength, skill, speed, and endurance.
Taken from: http://www.psychologytoday.com
The text above mainly informs readers about…
- enhancing athletic performance by brain stimulation
- wearable devices to stimulate athlete’s speed
- gaps in athletic performance
- improving athlete’s ability through extensive brain training
- measuring athletic victory with brain stimulation
Soal ini menanyakan topik teks. Dalam menemukan topik teks, lakukan langkah-langkah:
(1) Lakukan skimming untuk mengetahui ide umum teks.
(2) Pahami kalimat pertama tiap paragraf dan simpulkan keseluruhan ide paragraf.
(3) Pilih pilihan jawaban yang mewakili kesimpulan dari kalimat pertama tiap paragraf.
Paragraf 1 → In the ultra competitive world of professional sports, victory is measured in fractions of time and distance. Kalimat ini memberikan petunjuk bahwa teks membahas tentang dunia olahraga, khususnya perolehan kemenangan dalam olahraga profesional.
Paragraf 2 → Recently, the ability of brain stimulation to enhance sports performance has become an expanding focus of academic study. Terdapat frasa kunci brain stimulation to enhance sport performance. Hal ini berarti bahwa secara spesifik teks ini akan membahas tentang bagaimana cara meningkatkan performa olahraga melalui stimulasi otak.
Sebenarnya, dari hanya memerhatikan dua paragraf ini, sudah bisa menjawab pertanyaan pada soal. Teks ini secara keseluruhan membicarakan tentang cara meningkatkan performa atlet melalui stimulasi otak. Adapun paragraf ketiga sampai keenam menjelaskan mengenai teknis/penelitian tentang stimulasi otak yang dimaksud. Jadi, topik teks ini adalah mengenai enhancing athletic performance by brain stimulation.
Latihan Soal 2
Read the text below.
Interdependence is a psychosocial concept that sees closeness as the key to all relationships; it has long been an important concept in family systems, although its application in young adulthood has not been as well studied. But interdependence is increasingly being viewed as an alternative endpoint to maturity. This is an important distinction, reverberating through social science, lifespan psychology, cross-cultural studies and developmental theories. It’s also particularly germane to consider now, at a time when over 35% of 18-34 year olds in America, across all income levels still live with their parents: In Italy, courts have found that even self-supporting adults, like their 30 year old lawyer son who brought the action, have a right to remain under the family roof!
Interdependence may be a natural outgrowth of the boomers’ parenting style, which stressed relatability, emotional openness, and an attempt at greater authenticity with its kids; how they feel—their happiness—is more important than what they accomplish. Its key dynamic is mutuality, which is the characteristic most associated with well-functioning households where two or more generations of adults lives together, establishes a template for the continued coherence of the family. There’s something in it for everyone; companionship, affection, support, help of all kinds, an antidote to loneliness.
“Just being there to give or get a hug, especially on a bad day,” one parent reports. “Help with the top half of the sandwich, my own mother,” says another. “I can afford to live on my own, but why should I? Here I’m surrounded by people who love me and care about what happens to me. That’s rare in many lives,” says a 28-year-old daughter, a teacher who lives at home “by choice, not necessity.” Many parents, who report “a comfortable reliance” on their grown kids, report that it’s not as one-sided an arrangement as it is often made out to be. “It is not take, take, take by any means. If they weren’t contributing, I’d feel differently.”
For a generation that professionalized parenting to an unprecedented degree—that always wanted to be the kind of parents their kids would choose as friends even if they weren’t related—it’s a win-win situation. Interdependence is an idea whose time and place has come.
Taken from: http://www.psychologytoday.com
The underlined word in paragraph 1 refers to…
Lakukan langkah-langkah berikut untuk menentukan sinonim atau arti kata.
- Perhatikan kata yang ditanya dan baca pilihan jawabannya. Terkadang dengan membaca pilihan jawabannya langsung, jawaban sudah diketahui.
- Jika masih belum menemukan jawaban, baca kalimat yang mengandung kata yang ditanyakan tersebut.
- Gunakan metode context clue, yaitu menerka jawaban dari konteks atau kata-kata yang muncul di sekitarnya.
Kata reverberating pada kalimat ketiga berdampingan dengan kata through, lalu diikuti oleh contoh.
Jadi, kalimat This is an important distinction, reverberating through social science, lifespan psychology…, artinya: Ini adalah perbedaan penting yang … melalui ilmu sosial, psikologi lifespan, dan teori perkembangan…Dari pilihan jawaban, berikut ini adalah analisis satu per satu pilihan jawaban.
- Presuming -> (perbedaan penting yang dikira melalui ilmu sosial, psikologi …) → penggunaan kata presuming kurang tepat.
- Assuming -> (perbedaan penting yang diasumsikan melalui ilmu sosial, psikologi …) → penggunaan kata assuming kurang tepat.
- Reacting -> (perbedaan penting yang direaksikan melalui ilmu sosial, psikologi …) → penggunaan kata reacting juga kurang tepat.
- Noising -> perbedaan penting yang diributkan melalui ilmu sosial, psikologi …) → penggunaan kata noising kurang tepat.
- Echoing -> perbedaan yang digaungkan melalui ilmu sosial, psikologi …) → Penggunaan kata kerja echoing lebih tepat untuk konteks ini.
Echoing memiliki makna literal suara yang digemakan secara berulang, seperti pada alat pengeras suara. Jadi, makna keseluruhan konteks kalimat pada teks adalah perbedaan penting antara interdependence dan maturity, digaungkan atau dipopulerkan di antaranya melalui ilmu-ilmu tertentu.
Latihan Soal 3
Joko Widodo, byname Jokowi (born June 21, 1961, Surakarta, Central Java, Indonesia), Indonesian businessman, politician, and government official, who served as governor of Jakarta (2012–14) and as president of Indonesia (2014– present). Joko Widodo, who attracted international attention with his populist style of campaigning and his anti corruption platform, became the first Indonesian president who did not have a military background or belong to one of the country’s prominent political families. His success at the polls was viewed by many analysts as marking the beginning of a new, more democratic era of Indonesian politics.
Jokowi was born and raised in Surakarta, a city in the centre of Java northeast of Yogyakarta. His father was a wood seller who plied his trade in the city’s streets, and throughout much of Jokowi’s childhood he and his family lived in illegally built shacks near the city’s flood-prone Solo River. Later, when he entered politics, his populist appeal was rooted in part to those humble beginnings.
Jokowi applied himself at school and won admittance to Gadjah Mada University in Yogyakarta, from which he graduated (1985) with a degree in forestry engineering. For several years he worked for a state-owned pulp mill in the Aceh region of northern Sumatra, and he later established his own furniture factory in Surakarta. By 2002 he had become a highly successful furniture exporter, with showrooms on several continents, as well as chairman of a local branch of the country’s influential furniture manufacturers’ association.
In 2014 the PDI-P selected Jokowi to be its candidate for the Indonesian presidential election, which was held on July 9. As Jokowi entered the presidency, he identified clamping-down on corruption as among his top priorities and as a necessary step to attract more foreign direct investment to the country. He also pushed a nine-point plan for Indonesia that emphasized helping the poor by improving public services, implementing land reforms, and developing more-affordable housing, among other measures.
Taken from: http://www.britannica.com
Jokowi’s political approach is known as a humble one. This is mostly rooted from…
- his experience working in rural area in Aceh
- his simple living since his childhood
- his love and care of poor people
- his experience as a furniture exporter
- his poor living in Yogyakarta when he was a student
Soal yang menanyakan informasi spesifik seperti pertanyaan pada nomor ini dapat dijawab dengan memilih kata kunci dari soal lalu memahaminya. Kata kunci yang dapat dipilih dari soal ini adalah humble.
Dengan melakukan scanning, kata kunci dapat ditemukan di paragraf kedua pada kalimat terakhir: Later, when he entered politics, his populist appeal was rooted in part to those humble beginning.
Frasa those humble beginning merujuk pada bagian kalimat yang muncul sebelumnya. Oleh karena itu, pahami kalimat sebelum kalimat yang mengandung kata kunci ini, yaitu … and throughout much of Jokowi’s childhood he and his family lived in illegally built shacks near the city’s flood-prone Solo River.
Di sini terlihat bahwa those humble beginnings merujuk pada pengalaman Jokowi dan keluarganya yang tinggal di rumah kecil di dekat sungai Solo yang rawan banjir, serta hidup dalam kesederhanaan. Pengalaman inilah yang menjadi akar pendekatan politik Jokowi yang lebih merakyat (humble). Jadi, pendekatan politik Jokowi yang humble berasal dari his simple living since his childhood.
Latihan Soal 4
Read the following text.
Dangerous as anger can be, it is also natural, even necessary, and has been hard-wired into the brain by evolution. Most obviously, anger helped people survive. As soon as this survival was threatened, anger was triggered, along with violent defensive action. More surprisingly, perhaps, anger also helped early humans to live together in groups, acting as a kind of warning signal in the form of threatening facial expressions, clenched fists, reddening cheeks, and so on. This let others know that their behavior was unacceptable, that they were invading someone’s personal space and that they risked physical retaliation.
At first glance, anger seems relatively simple. Ask the man in the street to define it and he will probably say ‘it’s what happens when people annoy you.’ But anger can take many forms and has numerous different triggers. And what infuriates one person may pass by another unnoticed. One individual can make her way through a bustling crowd, or sit next to a screaming child, and seem perfectly relaxed. But if someone questions her political beliefs, or disrupts her plans, she will fly into an uncontrollable rage.
For some, anger is triggered more by petty annoyances than by major catastrophes. They will be calm and methodical during a bereavement, for example, or when travelling to the hospital for an operation, but as soon as the neighbor’s car alarm goes off, or the printer runs out of ink, they explode. For others, it is threats to their money, property, status or time that act as the major catalyst. They may let the petty irritations go, but if their car is scratched or their authority questioned, they become enraged.
Finally, some will laugh off both petty irritations and threats to their money or status. For them, rule-breaking is the most infuriating thing. This is especially true of those with obsessive compulsive or autistic traits: people who like and need things to be regular and ordered. And such rules can be more like vague, unspoken agreements. For example, someone may be sensitive about their acne or low income.
Friends understand this and so the subject is never raised. One evening, someone makes a harmless remark and is shocked to see their friend explode with rage. But it wasn’t the fact that his low income or bad skin had been mentioned, nor even that he felt humiliated; his anger was sparked because someone had broken the rules.
Taken from: http://www.healthguidance.org
From the passage it can be summed up that…
- For an obsessive-compulsive person or someone with autistic traits, he/she can get angry when someone has broken the rules by, for example messing up the order or regulation and not doing what they are asked to do.
- Some people get angry for small things, while some get angry for more serious matters.
- Most people get angry with something they cannot control or predict, or something they are very sensitive to.
- Amongst many conditions that make people angry, the most frequent reason is when people raise a topic that relates to the person’s bad experience in the past.
- Some people get angry for small or serious things and some others might get angry not due to small or serious matters, but because people ask them what they do not like to be asked.
Rangkuman teks dapat diketahui dengan memahami ide pokok tiap paragraf. Untuk teks ini, ide pokok tiap paragrafnya adalah sebagai berikut.
- Paragraf 1 → mengenai rasa marah yang dimiliki oleh setiap orang (Everyone has anger, and it is an act of survival).
- Paragraf 2 → mengenai bentuk-bentuk rasa marah dan pemicunya (Anger can take many forms and has different triggers).
- Paragraf 3 → mengenai hal apa saja yang dapat membuat orang marah (Some people get angry for small things, while some get angry during major catastrophe).
- Paragraf 4 → masih mengenai hal apa saja yang dapat membuat orang marah (Some people with obsessive compulsive traits have rules on what they can be asked and what they cannot be asked. They can get angry if other people break this rule).
Setelah memahami ide pokok tiap paragraf, perhatikan pilihan jawaban.
- Amongst many conditions that make people angry, the most frequent reason is when people raise a topic that relates to the person’s bad experience in the past. → Tidak mewakili keseluruhan isi teks.
- For an obsessive compulsive person or someone with autistic traits, he/she can get angry when someone has broken the rules by, for example messing up the order or regulation and not doing what they are asked to do. → Salah karena hanya mencakup isi paragraf terakhir.
- Most people get angry with something they cannot control or predict, or something they are very sensitive to. → Salah karena hanya mencakup isi paragraf 2.
- Some people get angry for small things, while some get angry for more serious matters. → Salah karena tidak mencakup isi paragraf terakhir.
Ingat kembali bahwa rangkuman teks harus mencakup isi keseluruhan teks. Jadi, pernyataan yang benar untuk merangkum isi teks pada nomor ini adalah pilihan jawaban some people get angry for small or serious things and some other might get angry not due to small or serious matter, but because people ask them what they do not like to be asked. Pilihan jawaban ini merangkum isi paragraf pertama sampai terakhir teks.
Latihan Soal 5
Read the following text.
Nearly 340,000 Rohingya children are living in squalid conditions in Bangladesh camps where they lack enough food, clean water and health care, the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) said on Friday.
Up to 12,000 more children join them every week, fleeing violence or hunger in Myanmar, often still traumatized by atrocities they witnessed, it said in a report “Outcast and Desperate”. In all, almost 600,000 Rohingya refugees have left northern Rakhine state since 25 August when the UN says the Myanmar army began a campaign of “ethnic cleansing” following insurgent attacks.
“This isn’t going to be a short-term, it isn’t going to end anytime soon,” Simon Ingram, the report’s author and a UNICEF official, told a news briefing. “So, it is absolutely critical that the borders remain open and that protection for children is given and equally that children born in Bangladesh have their birth registered.”
Most Rohingya are stateless in Myanmar and many fled without papers, he said, adding of the newborns in Bangladesh: “Without an identity they have no chance of ever assimilating into any society effectively.”
Safe drinking water and toilets are in “desperately short supply” in the chaotic, teeming camps and settlements, Ingram said after spending two weeks in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh.
“In a sense it’s no surprise that they must truly see this place as a hell on earth,” he said. One in five Rohingya children under the age of five is estimated to be acutely malnourished, requiring medical attention, he said. “There is a very, very severe risk of outbreaks of water-borne diseases, diarrhea and quite conceivably cholera in the longer-term,” he added. UNICEF is providing clean water and toilets, and has helped vaccinate children against measles and cholera, which can be deadly, he said.
Adapted from: http://www.theguardian.com
What does the author imply by stating “… and many fled without papers” in the fourth paragraph?
- Rohingya refugees had left their homeland without any identity documents.
- Rohingya refugees had left their homeland without any permission paper from the Myanmar government.
- Rohingya refugees had left their homeland without an entrance permit from the Bangladesh government.
- Rohingya refugees had left their homeland without bringing any money.
- Rohingya refugees had left their homeland without bringing any paper or book to write their story.
Soal ini merupakan jenis soal yang menanyakan mengenai apa yang disiratkan penulis melalui suatu kalimat, klausa, atau frasa. Salah satu cara untuk menjawabnya adalah dengan langkah-langkah mencari sentence restatement: membaca kalimat yang mengandung kutipan yang ditanyakan, lalu pahami makna dan konteksnya, kemudian membandingkan dengan pilihan jawaban, apakah ada pilihan yang mengandung sinonim kata atau makna seperti pada pertanyaan.
Pada soal, yang ditanyakan adalah apa yang disiratkan penulis melalui klausa “… and many fled without papers”. Klausa ini terdapat pada paragraf keempat: Most Rohingya are stateless in Myanmar and many fled without papers, he said, adding of the newborns in Bangladesh: “Without an identity they have no chance of ever assimilating into any society effectively”.
Dalam kalimat ini dijelaskan bahwa para pengungsi Rohingya tidak memiliki status kewarganegaraan di Myanmar dan banyak dari mereka yang meninggalkan negaranya tanpa dokumen (paper); tanpa identitas mereka tidak bisa berbaur dengan masyarakat secara efektif.
Kata identity di sini merupakan petunjuk bahwa paper yang dimaksud merujuk pada dokumen identitas. Jadi, frasa … and many fled without papers menyiratkan bahwa pengungsi Rohingya meninggalkan negara mereka tanpa satu pun dokumen identitas (Rohingya refugees had left their homeland without any identity documents). Perhatikan uraian mengenai pilihan jawaban yang lain di bawah ini.
- Rohingya refugees had left their homeland without bringing any paper or book to write their story. → salah karena paper pada pilihan jawaban ini tidak mengacu pada dokumen identitas, melainkan kertas atau buku yang sebenarnya.
- Rohingya refugees had left their homeland without any permission paper from Myanmar government. → salah karena paper yang dimaksud pada teks bukanlah surat izin (permission paper) seperti pada pilihan jawaban ini, melainkan dokumen identitas.
- Rohingya refugees had left their homeland without entrance permit from Bangladesh government. → entrance permit tidak mengacu pada paper yang dijelaskan pada teks atau kalimat soal, namun teks merujuk paper sebagai dokumen identitas.
- Rohingya refugees had left their homeland without bringing any money. → salah karena paper pada teks maupun kalimat soal tidak mengacu pada money seperti di pilihan jawaban ini.
Jadi, dengan klausa “… and many fled without papers” penulis menyiratkan bahwa pengungsi Rohingnya meninggalkan negara mereka tanpa dokumen identitas apapun (Rohingya refugees had left their homeland without any identity documents).
Latihan Soal 6
Read the following text.
What is an internship? Simply put, it is an opportunity that employers offer to students interested in gaining work experience in particular industries. An intern works at a company for a fixed period of time, usually three to six months. Some students will have a part-time internship in which they work at the office for just a few days or hours per week.
Others will have full-time internships, meaning they work the same hours as the company’s full-time employees. Internships can be any time of the year, including over the summer and during the regular quarter, trimester or semester.
Internships offer students a hands-on opportunity to work in their desired field. They learn how their course of study applies to the real world and build a valuable experience that makes them stronger candidates for jobs after graduation.
An internship can be an excellent way to “try out” a certain career. For instance, you may think you want a fast-paced job in advertising after college, but after an internship, you may find that it’s not for you; that’s valuable insight that will help you choose your career path.
In some colleges, internships also count towards course credit. This is dependent on your individual school’s requirements, but usually, a three-month long internship counts as a full course credit. Interns are usually college or graduate students. While interns are usually older students, like juniors or seniors, freshman and sophomores can seek out internships as well. Having several internships while in college can be very impressive to potential employers.
Unpaid internships are common, but there are plenty of paid internships too. Whether or not you will get a wage depends on your industry and role. For instance, editorial interns are rarely paid, while engineering students almost always are. If you can afford it, an unpaid internship can still be an extremely beneficial experience. You can get serious work experience, build a portfolio and establish a network of professional contacts which can help you after you graduate.
Taken from: http://www.thebalance.com
The author tries to explain what internship is by detailing … in order.
- definition, duration, and type
- definition, company, type, and time
- definition, company, duration, and type
- definition, duration, type, and time
- definition, type, duration, and time
Teks ini membahas tentang program magang (internship) untuk mahasiswa. Inti pertanyaan pada soal ini adalah what internship is yang dapat dijadikan kata kunci untuk dicari pada teks. Dari hal ini diketahui bahwa yang ditanyakan adalah mengenai definisi internship. Kemungkinan besar jawaban terdapat pada paragraf 1 karena biasanya paragraf awal merupakan pengantar, yang dapat berisi definisi.
Oleh sebab itu, fokuslah pada paragraf 1. Semua informasi pada kalimat-kalimat di paragraf 1 ini dapat dikelompokkan berdasarkan informasinya sebagai berikut.
- Kalimat pertama dan kedua: What is an internship? Simply put, it is an opportunity that employers offer to students interested in gaining work experience in particular industries. → membahas definisi internship atau magang.
- Kalimat ketiga: An intern works at a company for a fixed period of time, usually three to six months → membahas durasi magang.
- Kalimat keempat dan kelima: Some students will have a part-time internship in which they work at the office for just a few days or hours per week. Others will have full-time internships, meaning they work the same hours as the company’s full-time employees. → membahas tipe karyawan magang: part time atau full time.
- Kalimat keenam: Internships can be any time of the year, including over the summer and during the regular quarter, trimester or semester. → membahas waktu magang.
Dari pengelompokkan di atas, dapat diketahui bahwa penulis berusaha menjelaskan mengenai magang dengan memberi penjelasan detail dengan urutan definisi, durasi, tipe, dan waktu magang (definition, duration, type, and time).
Latihan Soal 7
Read the following text.
A study reported in the Journal of Sensory Studies in 2012 found that food is perceived differently depending on the characteristics of the container. Betina Piqueras-Fiszman from the Polytechnic University of Valencia (Spain) and Charles Spence from the University of Oxford (UK) conducted an experiment with 57 participants who were asked to evaluate samples of hot chocolate served in four different kinds of plastic cups. The cups were all the same size but with different external colors: white, cream, red and orange with white on the inside. They found that the participants rated hot chocolate in an orange or cream colored cup to taste better than in a white or red one.
Perceptions of the sweetness, rather than the flavor of the cocoa, and also the aroma (smell) were much less influenced by the color of the cup, although participants found the chocolate to be slightly sweeter and more aromatic in a cream colored cup. Betina Piqueras-Fiszman explained that the color of the container where food and drink are served can enhance some attributes like taste and aroma. There is no fixed rule stating that flavor and aroma are enhanced in a cup of a certain color or shade. In reality this varies depending on the type of food, but the truth is that, as this effect occurs, more attention should be paid to the color of the container as it has more potential than one could imagine.
Their article also summarized previous studies that also confirmed the effect of containers on sensory characteristics of food or drink. For example, the flavor of lemon in yellow tins was preferred to that of soft drinks presented in a cold color such as blue. Drinks in pink containers were viewed as being more sugary. Strawberry mousse presented on a white plate seemed sweeter than on a black plate. Coffee in brown packaging was associated with a stronger flavor and aroma.
Adapted from: http://www.psyarticles.com
The sentence “There is no fixed rule stating that flavor and aroma are enhanced in a cup of a certain color or shade” in paragraph 2 can be restated as…
- The aroma and the taste of food and drink will depend on whether or not it is placed in a colored cup.
- The research confirms if a colored cup really can enhance the taste and aroma of the food and drink.
- Certain color or shade in a cup can fix the taste or aroma of the food and drink.
- The research cannot confirm which specific colors can give better taste and aroma to the food and drink.
- The research found that the flavor and aroma of the food and drink can be enhanced by placing them in a cup.
Untuk menjawab pertanyaan ini, pahami konteks kalimat yang ditanyakan dengan membaca kalimat yang muncul setelah atau sesudahnya. Kemudian, pilih pilihan jawaban yang mengandung informasi yang sama dengan kalimat yang ditanyakan pada soal.
Pada soal, kalimat yang ditanyakan adalah There is no fixed rule stating that flavor and aroma are enhanced in a cup of a certain color or shade (Tidak ada aturan tetap yang menyatakan bahwa rasa dan aroma makanan dapat ditingkatkan jika dikemas dalam kemasan dengan warna atau gradasi tertentu).
Frasa kuncinya adalah no fixed rule. Berdasarkan frasa kunci ini, dapat diketahui bahwa pernyataan yang paling tepat menyatakan kembali kalimat pada soal adalah The research cannot confirm which specific colors can give better taste and aroma to the food and drink.
Klausa The research cannot confirm pada kalimat ini memiliki makna yang sama dengan frasa frasa no fixed rule (tidak ada aturan tetap) pada kalimat soal. Kedua kalimat ini sama-sama menyatakan bahwa tidak dapat dipastikan bahwa warna tertentu dapat meningkatkan aroma dan rasa makanan atau minuman. Pilihan jawaban lain kurang tepat karena hal-hal berikut ini.
- The research found that the flavor and aroma of the food and drink can be enhanced by placing them in a cup. → Salah karena frasa can be enhanced yang artinya bisa ditingkatkan berlawanan dengan makna pada kalimat soal yang menyatakan tidak ada aturan tetap yang menyatakan bahwa rasa dan aroma makanan dapat ditingkatkan dengan warna kemasan tertentu.
- Certain color or shade in a cup can fix the taste or aroma of the food and drink. → Salah karena frasa can fix the taste or aroma artinya rasa dan aroma dapat diperbaiki dengan warna kemasan tertentu. Hal ini berlawanan dengan makna kalimat pada soal yang menyatakan no fixed rule.
- The research confirm if a colored cup really can enhance the taste and aroma of the food and drink. → Salah karena pernyataan ini menyatakan bahwa penelitian memastikan bahwa pembungkus berwarna dapat meningkatkan aroma dan rasa makanan dan minuman, padahal kalimat yang dinyatakan pada soal mengungkapkan tidak ada aturan tetap mengenai hal ini.
- The aroma and the taste of the food and drink will depend on whether or not it is placed in a colored cup. → Pernyataan salah karena kalimat yang dinyatakan pada soal mengungkapkan tidak ada tidak ada aturan tetap mengenai pengaruh warna pembungkus makanan atau minuman pada aroma dan rasa makanan. Jadi, aroma dan rasa tidak bergantung pada warna kemasan atau pembungkusnya.
Jadi, kalimat “There is no fixed rule stating that flavor and aroma are enhanced in a cup of a certain color or shade” dapat dinyatakan kembali dengan kalimat “The research cannot confirm which specific colors can give better taste and aroma to the food and drink”.
Bagaimana Masukptn.id, apakah kamu sudah mulai paham mengerjakan latihan soal SBMPTN Bahasa Inggris TKPA 2017 di atas? Agar pemahamanmu semakin terasah, sering-seringlah mengerjakan latihan soal. Ingat, selangkah lagi kamu akan memasuki PTN impian.
Untuk mendukung kesuksesanmu masuk PTN, Quipper Video hadir dengan Paket Intensif UTBK SBMPTN 2020. Semua kebutuhan sudah tersedia di dalamnya, mulai dari materi persiapan, materi pemantapan, latihan soal, bank soal, hingga pembahasan lengkapnya. Jadi, tunggu apalagi. Yuk, gabung Quipper Video sekarang!